Consider purchasing group travel insurance when travelling with friends, coworkers, or club members to a specific location. This comprehensive policy covers unrelated individuals who travel together in a group. The insurance protects the entire group against travel-related mishaps, offering a single sum insured for the collective coverage.
Characteristics Of A Group Travel Insurance Policy:
- A single premium is charged for the plan in a group travel insurance online policy. The group leader, the members, or both may pay all or part of the cost.
- If group members pay a portion of the premium, the total amount is gathered and sent to the insurer in a single instalment.
- Any member may claim under the policy up to the plan’s total insured amount if necessary.
- All group members travelling together are covered by the policy’s single sum insured, provided on a floater basis.
- Group travel insurance can be availed of for both domestic and international travel.
- Policies for group travel typically only cover one trip for a predetermined amount of time.
- The group travel plan is still in force until the trip’s completion date, even if you claim under the policy.
- Restrictions on the insured members’ entry and exit ages may apply, depending on the plan.
- When compared to separate travel arrangements, these plans are typically less expensive.
- To obtain a travel visa for a Schengen country, you must buy a group travel insurance policy.
Read more about – Documents Are Required For Passport In India
Various Coverages Of A Group Travel Insurance Policy
- Medical Emergency Expense: This insurance may cover all expenses arising from unexpected illnesses or accidents during a trip, including ambulance fees, treatment, consultations, and prescription drugs. It is particularly beneficial for group trips involving older individuals or children. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance policy.
- Trip Cancellation/Postponement: Group travel insurance online protects against trip cancellations or postponements, providing reimbursement for pre-paid activities, hotels, and flights in specific situations that lead to the disruption of travel plans. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance policy.
- Baggage Loss/Delay: If you are delayed receiving your baggage, the insurer may reimburse some of your emergency expenses. You may also be compensated for replacing any misplaced luggage, personal documents, or personal belongings if they are lost. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance policy.
Advantages Of Purchasing Group Travel Insurance
- Low Premium: Group travel insurance offers cost-effective coverage with lower premiums than individual policies, making it a worthwhile option to alleviate the financial burden of unexpected travel expenses.
- Peace Of Mind: Having a group travel policy provides excellent peace of mind because it covers the majority of unplanned emergencies that may arise and cause inconvenience to the entire group.
- Convenience: Group international travel insurance protects the group leader by covering costs in case unexpected emergencies cause delays during the journey.
Exclusions From Group Travel Insurance Plans:
- Trip cancellations caused by the travel agency or unavoidable events like riots, civil unrest, or war.
- Any medical issue brought on by a history of illness.
- Maternity and delivery-related costs incurred while travelling are not reimbursed.
- Mental illnesses or congenital disabilities.
- Health issues or injuries brought on by participating in risky or adventurous sports.
All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.