Here are some investigating guides for specific subjects.
(1) Your Virtual Network Connection
(2) VPN Troubleshooting Error Messages
(3) VPN Modems Troubleshooting Guide
(4) VPN ISP Troubleshooting Guide.
(1) Your Virtual Private Network Connection
Experiencing difficulty interfacing with the Internet at home attempts these means prior to calling for help.
- Do you have an IP address? Attempt ipconfig/all. On the off chance that you don’t have an IP address reboot your PC. On the off chance that that doesn’t work power cycle your Cable/DSL modem and switches and reboot your PC again after the organization gadgets are up and stable. Be certain all of your organization links are connected tight.
- After your PC reboots check that your organization connector is dynamic and parcels are streaming. Play out the ipconfig/all check once more.
- Really look at your network by pinging a few Internet destinations. On the off chance that that doesn’t work, ping the loopback address 127.0.0.1. Assuming that falls flat, your connector may not be working or it isn’t as expected arranged.
To check your IP address. From the order brief enter ipconfig/all (as displayed in the image) you should see an IP Address and a few DNS Server addresses. The space name framework (DNS) is the way that Internet area names are found and converted into IP addresses and is expected for perusing the Internet.
Ping 127.0.0.1 – loopback Test (as displayed in the image). The loopback test is utilized to check to assume the IP stack is reacting. On the off chance that it times out or you get a blunder the issue might happen assuming at least one of the accompanying circumstances is valid:
*The TCP drivers are debased
*The organization connector isn’t working
*Another assistance is impeding IP
Actually, take a look at your organization connector, click the Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, and select Network Connections. Double-tap on the Local Area Connection or the Wireless Adapter whichever one you are utilizing. Be certain it’s Connected. In the event that you have different organization cards handicap the one, you are not utilizing.
There ought to be Packets shown in both the Sent and Received counters. Assuming the Received counter is 0 check that the connector has an IP address. Select Properties.
Click the really take a look at boxes for Show symbol and Notify me beneath. A twin PC symbol will show up on the lower right piece of the taskbar in the plate region and will streak while sending and getting bundles. You can put your mouse over the symbol to get the status and snap on it to get more subtleties.
Tracert shows the association way to the objective area and the number of bounces. Each bounce is the excursion starting with one switch then onto the next. Tracert is a convenient apparatus both for getting where issues are in the organization and for deciding dormancy between jumps.
Ping is utilized to decide if a host exists and is dynamic on the organization and can decide the full circle time to the gadget. You can enter a hostname or an IP address in the event that you know it. In the event that the solicitation times out, the host isn’t reachable on the grounds that it’s disconnected or there is an issue with the association. Attempt a few locales, in the event that none work, ping the loopback address 127.0.0.1 Also, in the event that your DNS isn’t working or appropriately designed you can ping the host with an IP address and you can not peruse the Internet.
Assuming that you are having discontinuous issues, play out a ping – t for 5 to 6 minutes then, at that point, hit CTRL C to see the aftereffects of the test to decide whether you are dropping organization parcels (lost bundles). On the off chance that you are, this typically shows an ISP issue or Cable/DSL modem issue. See VPN ISP Troubleshooting Guide
(2) VPN Troubleshooting Error Messages
Q1 Error Message: Remote Host not reacting: or Unable to Resolve the IP address of the Remote Server
Cause: This demonstrates that the Contivity VPN Switch never reacted to the association endeavor. The issue could either be with the Contivity switch itself, (the switch might be down) or your machine might be having an issue settling the IP address.
Activity: Try pinging your objective name (Example: VPN.something.com). Assuming you got a message that says “Solicitation Timed Out” from the ping order, call your ISP to ensure that their DNS is working accurately.
Q2 Error Message: Maximum number of meetings came to
Cause: This shows that the greatest number of clients for the record you are utilizing are presently signed on.
Activity: If you are the main client with VPN to your record, it is feasible to get this mistake on the off chance that you restarted an association following losing the dial-up association with your ISP. This is on the grounds that the Contivity VPN Switch requires as long as one hour to confirm that your association has been dropped and log you off from your record.
Q3 Error Message: Login fizzled, Please counsel the switch log for additional data
Cause: The User Name or the Password is inaccurate for the client name entered.
Activity: Verify that the User Name you entered is right and retype the Password prior to attempting the association once more.
Q4 Error Message: The actual association has been lost
Cause: Your association with your ISP was separated.
Activity: Re-lay out your association with your ISP before you restore the Contivity association with the remote organization.
Q5 Error Message: The solid Contivity association has been lost
This message can result because of various reasons, and there are a few prescribed moves you can make to attempt and once again interface.
In the event that you get this blunder before the client associates, something is obstructing a vital port, (for example, ESP port 50). This can result in the event that your firewall isn’t arranged as expected and is limiting the essential port(s).
Assuming that you get this mistake during an association and you out of nowhere get the blunder it might mean one of the accompanyings:
Contact spider vpn for more help.
- Something shut the association;
- The VPN Contivity switch where you were attempting to associate with thought your client was down or planned out;
- Your nearby ISP accomplished something that intruded on your organization association long enough for the VPN Contivity change to distinguish your client was not reacting;
- The VPN Contivity switch that you are associated with has either logged your association off or the Switch is done reacting, or a gadget that doesn’t uphold IPSEC NAT Traversal is causing the association disappointment.
- Attempt restoring the Contivity association by tapping the Connect button. Assuming this works, the association was likely lost because of the Idle Timeout designed on the Contivity VPN Switch. Assuming that no information is moved through the Contivity association for a significant stretch of time, 15 minutes or more, the Contivity VPN Switch naturally detaches the association;
- Assuming that you couldn’t effectively restore the Contivity Connection, the dial-up association might be keeping information from going between the Contivity VPN Client and the Contivity VPN Switch. Hang up the dial-up association and reconnect before you attempt to restore an association with the Contivity VPN Switch;
- Assuming you are as yet unfit to associate with the Contivity VPN Switch, open a Command Prompt and have a go at pinging the Contivity VPN Switch utilizing the host name or address that you indicated in the Destination field.
(a) If you get an “Objective Unreachable blunder” there is a directing issue at the ISP.
(b) If you get a “Solicitation Timed Out” blunder message, the Contivity VPN Switch is likely not accessible, and you should contact your Network Administrator.
- In the event that you continue to receive this message and can’t associate, it might show that the Contivity VPN Switch can’t speak with the client since it is behind some sort of NAT (Network Address Translation) gadget. NAT (Network Address Translation) Traversal permits various gadgets on a private organization to get to the Internet all the while without each requiring its own outside IP address. Most lodgings and air terminals that give Internet availability use NAT to interface with the Internet