Wear resistance, quality of adhesion to the roadway, maintaining sound insulation and ensuring smooth running – this is only the smallest list of priority aspects that should be given increased attention when choosing summer tires for a vehicle.
At the same time, it is especially important to evaluate the expected operating conditions: in the case of sluggish urban traffic, the main emphasis should be placed on the quality of tire grip with asphalt, so soft rubber is preferred.
if the car will be used in rough terrain on the ground, it is necessary to choose rubber with a deep tread and a complex pattern.
The climatic features of the region are also an important factor in determining the tire parameters.
For example, in Ukraine, where in summer most of the southern territory is dominated by a dry, hot climate with minor temperature fluctuations, special summer tires with a specific rubber compound that can withstand elevated temperatures while maintaining performance are optimal.
The main difference between summer and winter tires is the different tread variations (in the winter version, it is rougher and deeper).
The summer tire also has a high level of rubber stiffness, as the ability to withstand hot asphalt in the summer must be at its best.
Tire tread height is another distinctive feature of summer and winter tires. In accordance with accepted standards, a summer tire should have a depth of 7-8 mm, a winter one – 8-10 mm.
The rules of the road stipulate that if the tread depth of a summer tire is less than 4 mm, it must be dismantled and replaced (unacceptable operating conditions).
This requirement should be strictly observed, since the safety of the driver and passengers directly depends on this.
Also, any tire is graded according to the tread pattern. Distinguish between asymmetric and symmetrical (non-directional / directional) type of pattern. In turn, these categories are divided into road, universal and mud.
Different types of tire tread
Unlike the asymmetric one, the symmetrical pattern on the outer part of the slope is mirrored and does not require special knowledge in mounting on the disc (the tire can be installed regardless of the direction of rotation and side).
In the case of an asymmetric pattern, you should focus on the markings – “Outer” and “Inner” (the outer and inner sides of the disk, respectively).
In adverse climatic conditions (rain, high humidity) and on rough terrain, it is customary to use an asymmetric type of pattern with a deep tread.
On paved motorways, a symmetrical directional pattern is preferred.
In addition to all of the above, it is also worth considering the tire speed and load indices, which are usually indicated on the sidewall of the tire (example in the photo below), because, depending on the performance, one or another model of summer tires can be designed for one or another speed mode.
In order to establish a correspondence between the speed capabilities of your vehicle and the selected tire model, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the table at the link.
Varieties of summer tires and their popular modifications
Among the most popular summer tires among consumers, we can note:
- Sailun. High tread technology, excellent grip, and high level of safety make Atrezzo one of the most popular performances of the entire Sailun model range. Sailun summer tires have proven themselves well in operation both in tight city streets and on rough terrain. The price of Ceylon tires will be graded depending on the specific version (165/60R14 75H, 175/65R14 82T, 185/70R14 88T, etc.) and dimensions (width and height of the profile, diameter).
- Nokian. This brand is represented by modifications Nordman (S, SX, SZ), Hakka (Blue, Black). Nokian summer tires are a typical representative of lightweight tires, which are characterized by high resistance to lateral resistance and strong grip even with wet road surfaces. This type of tire can be effectively used on both dirt and asphalt roads. Instant reaction to a sharp turn of the steering wheel provides hakka black with safe operation in the most unfavorable traffic situation.
- Nexen – N-Blue, Nfera lineup. Nexen nfera tires are the brainchild of the South Korean automotive industry. Natural rubber is taken as the basis for the production of nexen tires in combination with special additives that increase the performance of tires. Nexen tires are universal for their application and can be effectively used on minibuses and SUVs.
- Goodyear – Eagle Sport range. Goodyear tire is a sports asymmetric tire, specially designed for operation in the summer, when the asphalt surface heats up to a maximum temperature. With reliable grip (due to a wide contact patch) and high wear resistance, Goodyear eagle sport summer tires are safe to operate even in wet road conditions.
- Dunlop – SP lineup (Sport, Touring). Preservation of increased directional stability at high speeds, resistance to aquaplaning, improved handling, sound insulation are the main and undeniable advantages of Dunlop sp sport summer tires. Depending on their dimension, Dunlop tires can be used on both cars and trucks. The Eco EC201 175/70R13 and SP Touring T1 155/70R13 versions are budget-priced, making them one of the most attractive of Dunlop’s entire range.
- Hankook – Optimo, Ventus lineup. Resistance to external mechanical damage, high average service life, excellent handling during high-speed driving – these are just a few of the advantages that characterize hankook ventus tires. Hankook optimo tires offer excellent handling in wet conditions, as well as a central rib that significantly shortens the stopping distance during hard braking. The price of hankook summer tires will depend on the final performance and dimensional characteristics (tire size).
- Sava is the Intensa range. The improved composition of the material (natural rubber) used in the manufacture of Sava Intensa summer tires can significantly improve handling performance at high-speed vehicle traffic. Due to increased wear resistance and reduced fuel consumption (due to smooth running), you can find extremely positive reviews about Sava summer tires on the network.
If you have any questions regarding summer tire varieties, just give one of our employees a call. We will provide professional advice and give an intelligible answer to any question that interests you.
What aspects should be considered when choosing summer tires?
The choice of summer tires is an event that should be approached with the utmost care. The level of wear resistance of rubber and the quality of grip of the wheel with asphalt are just some of the aspects that need to be considered. If you want to check best package for summer tires for you car then you need to click this website 24gumi for best information.
Among other parameters and characteristics that should be given increased attention, we should highlight:
- Tread depth and degree of pattern thinning;
- The size of the tire patch formed upon contact with the road plane;
- Ease of driving;
- Resistance to lateral resistance;
- The presence / absence of a central rib (reduces / increases the braking distance of the vehicle in the event of sudden braking);
- Fuel consumption level (depends on a particular category of rubber that the vehicle is equipped with);
- Hydroplaning resistance.
- If you do not know how to choose summer tires and feel the need for professional advice, just call one of the specialists of Auto spare Parts-UA.
Being the official distributor of a large number of well-known tire manufacturers, our online store offers a wide range of various tire designs for sale. Sailun, Nexen, Goodyear, Sava and Dunlop are just a few of the brands our company sells at a reasonable price.